Thursday, August 31, 2017

Week 5

OK guys,

I found a 5 guys today. That was pretty awesome. It was the most expensive burger EVER!!!! but it was worth it. We also checked out the Nike store, zara, and the Real Madrid store. I saw the Champions league trophy, they had it to the top level of the RM store. We also picked up our residency cards. Now I don't need to carry around my passport anymore. We finally got to an area with palm trees today. I knew they had them here, but the area around the temple is actually pretty ugly. 

So this week's most interesting experience was at the park. The last few weeks have been a little rough. Between weeks 1 and 2 I gave out 7 books and had some great conversations, but then the next 2 weeks were not good. No one talked to us at all. We even got yelled at a few times. I don't think I ever really talked about the bad part, cause I don't want to focus on the negative, but it happened. This Saturday was awesome though. One of our big focuses here is seeing the hand of the lord in our lives. Its crazy how obvious it is when you're looking for it. So as soon as we got on the metro, me and Elder Benedict started to tear it up. We approached 7 people over 3 hours, and every single one was a great conversation. 4 of them took a book of Mormon, and we got 3 referrals. I know that that wasn't us though, because we had no idea what we were saying. The first guy we talked to went off in Spanish for like 5 minutes and neither one of us understood what he was saying. All we got were the words "God and bad." Somehow Elder Benedict thought of a verse he read in Helamen that morning, so we shared that with him. Then the guy changed his mood completely and had us sit down with him. We talked for about 15 minutes and then he asked if he could keep the book of mormon. I've never seen someone so excited to take a book before. I know that these people were prepared to hear what we had to share, because we couldn't have done that on our own. That experience is making me really excited for the field. I was kinda nervous cause my spanish isn't where I want it to be, but now I'm realizing that that doesn't matter.

It looks like I will be able to send you a quick email on Monday to let you know I'm leaving the MTC. I won't know where I'm going yet, but I do know I leave for the mission home at 9 on Tuesday morning. I have an interview with President pack Sunday afternoon. I guess he just comes to the MTC to meet us. We have a pretty cool group here. We had a surprise meeting yesterday with pres. packer, and he thinks a lot of us. We were all really surprised. He and some of the teachers compared us to a group in south america. He said there was one transfer down there that took an area with bad numbers, and within 2 years just blew the country out of the water. Spain has really bad numbers right now. Like we average a little under 1 lesson per day per companionship, but he is really optimistic. The cool thing is that you could tell this isn't something he tells everybody. this was a special case. 

The teachers here think you guys are the coolest. The soccer updates are killer. I've heard near is killing it at PSG. And I knew MU would finally win the title again as soon as I left. I'm kinda planning on them having 2 good years and then right when I get home mourinho will drive them into the ground and leave. It's awesome hearing about all the soccer guys. I'm not surprised that Leo is playing futsal, and that makes sense that Josh is playing in guatemala. I saw he was down there all summer. 

The weather has been awesome here this week. Monday we had one of the craziest rain storms I've ever seen. The MTC got messed up from the lightning. The electricity was down for a minute an the laundry rooms are all useless now. They're fixing them soon though. The elevator also broke. 

I'm glad someone is moving into my room. that was too much space being wasted down there. When I get to the field I'll try to send the girls something for their rooms. Souvenirs here are super cheap. The rats are going to love Erin now.I miss those guys and I loved the pictures. 

I have heard about the terrorist attacks and the hurricane. One of the hermanas in my district is from Houston so they have been keeping her up to date. 

I have done a few more haircuts now. I have some little kid scissors and a comb. One of the guys bought an actual kit with a buzzer thingy that he let's me use. I think it'd the funniest thing, cause I never once said I could cut hair. they just asked me to try and it worked out. I have even done some real hairstyles too. Not just buzzcuts. 

I got the video of us singing. I'm just not sure how to get it to you. I set up a Google drive and added aimeebjer@msn and @gmail. so let me know if you can access that. It would make it really easy to share pics and videos. I also haven't seen a package yet. Hopefully it didn't get lost. Ill keep checking though. 

K, I'm gonna go to the temple now. talk to ya monday. Keep the emails coming, 

Elder Johnson 


No comments:

Post a Comment