Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week 8

Hey guys, 

     I decided that Emails would still be easier to tell you about everything. I think it was kinda hard trying to talk about everything last week. This week we can still talk, but with less of a rush. 

     This whole week was kind of a birthday party. We had district meeting on Wednesday and they bought some cake. So we had some German salad and sausages with cake. Then they sang happy birthday in 3 languages. It was pretty funny. Then on Friday Elder Jager gave me a  bunch of candy and we met up with a member from Madrid. He was awesome. He is going to take us to Segovia soon, and he wants to take us to get some real tapas too. We went to his piso here in Zamora and did our studies and then we just hung out there and talked for a while. I'll upload some pics to the Drive. Saturday we were just talking to some people on the street and one lady invited us over for a BBQ. There was so much food. They just kept bringing it out for over 2 hours. We were planning on an hour to eat and 30 minutes to teach something, but then we used all of our time eating and had to run to our next appointment. That was pretty cool though. 

     I was wrong by he way. Valladolid is is our zone. Our zone leaders are actually there. We will be going up to Leon on the 29 for zone conference, so I will probably get your package there. Church was even weirder this week. We drove up to Benevente where they have a district. That was cool cause there were only 9 members and they actually had a chapel. Then we ate with the district leader and his wife. Sacrament meeting in Zamora was a little disappointing. We had 20 people commit to coming and only 7 showed up. But, I still liked it. I had to speak in both meetings. 15 minutes in the first, and 10 in the other. 

So yeah. That's all I can think of now. Let's chat later,

Josh

Elder Johnson, Elder Jager and a friend member from Madrid
Birthday Celebration with Elder Jager
These pictures are from the BBQ we had with the people that invited us over:








 8:30a.m. Mountain Standard Time (4:30p.m. in Zamora)

Josh: So funny story. Elder Jager is like five foot nine, and he's usually tallish around here. Most people are his height or shorter - never taller. So twice this week we went to meet some of our investigators that I hadn't seen yet. And we sat down and started talking and then at some point we started talking about soccer. Both times though, they asked if I play and Elder Jager answered for me. But then he looked at me and told me to stand up. I did and it was hilarious. They all freaked out and acted like I was 7 feet tall. One family calls me Elder Grande.

Mom: Haha! That's hilarious! So what does Elder Jager say when he answers for you?

Josh: He thinks I can play and it's actually coming back really fast. I can still play. Elder Jager has mostly played handball before but he's really good at soccer, too. I mean, he's German.

....

Josh: I got like 25 emails this week - Birthday's are great. I'm trying to email everyone back but there are so many! I'm thinking the family will see you so maybe you can thank them for me? I feel bad I don't email my grandparents more.

OH DUDE!! I don't think I ever told you guys. Spain Madrid is going to be the 7th mission in the world to get smart phones. We will have insta, facebook, what's app, everything. We have a training on the 29th in Leon. I don't know all the details yet but I'm assuming it will be all the same rules we have for the phones we have now. We have dumb phones that are just assigned to the area. When we go they just stay in Zamora and there will be one for us in the next area.

Dad: That makes sense with the phones. Curious to see how they manage the apps as you move areas. They must be using the same kind of app to lock the phones down as they do the tablets.

Josh: I think they will. It sounds really cool though. They really trust us. We will have access to Internet anywhere now so I think we can do a lot more. This really changes how we do things.

......

Josh: We are going to Segovia soon to see the aquaduct. There are some cool parts but overall Edinburgh is winning. We'll see though as I see more.

....

Dad: Enjoy your week and work hard. I will email you a bit later this week.

Josh: I will definitely enjoy this week. Talk to you later. Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment