Monday, December 18, 2017

Pre Christmas

Hi guys,

We tried lots of new things this week. Mission life really is pretty fun even when the work isn't going well.

We went to McDonald's to use the wifi the other day and just messaged random people on Facebook. It was pretty easy. I just looked at people in my area and sent them a friend request. At first it seemed weird, but when you think about it we do the same on the street. We've been trying to find someone to play soccer with, but there isn't ever anybody playing this time of year. So I just messaged the goalie for Zamoras team and asked if we could play sometime... Guess what we did on Tuesday :) We met him and all of his buddies (the team) at a court and played a real game. I got absolutely smoked and it just reminded me that I'm still not really in shape. But it was really fun. It's been a long time since I've played at that intensity. I kinda miss it. So since that worked we tried again and I talked to a guy from California that played basketball in California. He's super cool. He just moved here this week and doesn't speak any Spanish, so I'm hoping we can help him with that. Other than that we're still trying to teach someone. I've only taught 1 lesson with Elder Stulen so far. We had 2 lessons fall through this week so we're hoping this next week we can get something going.

We had intercambios in Salamanca Thursday and Friday. The four of us went to the branch presidents house for dinner Thursday night, wow that was good. They made papusas for us. It was pretty much a Christmas party. We had tons of food and Christmas music and they invited like half the branch. It was awesome to get to know everybody better. The last time we did something like that in Salamanca I couldn't talk to anyone,this time was completely different. Elder Tribett is training right now too, and it's cool cause I was in the same spot as his companion only a few weeks ago. It's fun to see the progress. We are going to Valladolid again for Intercambios with the zone leaders on Wednesday. I'm excited to actually see the city this time. 

I'm really not feeling as motivated to write a ton today since we will talk next week. Umm, yeah. See you soon

Josh




No comments:

Post a Comment