Monday, January 29, 2018

I speak German

Hey,

Puerto is still blowing up. The work is amazing here. We found 3 we investigators this week and have more potential, hopefully we can get 1 more tonight even. We also set a baptismal date for one of our progressing investigators. That will be March 10. It's unbelievable how much easier things are here. So far almost all of our finding has been through members or current investigators. We also found a few by going to a german/Scandinavian Bible class. We went in and sat down, elder Tiebing participated in the conversation, and just somehow taught the Restoration while answering their questions. It was awesome. 

Something cool happened this week. We have 6 or 7 German investigators now, and we had a very interesting lesson with one of them on Friday. He only speaks German, so my job was just to pray that things went well. I don't know how, but as they got going I was understanding almost everything. Some words sounded similar to English words, some to Spanish words. But I participated in that lesson and I knew exactly what was happening. That is he gift of tongues. I never expected it to work like that, but it did. 

This week we did some cool service. First we helped a german guy who is building a house here. Well, he's actually moving his house here. He took it apart and shipped the pieces. So Thursday we unpacked thehuge shipping container. Then Friday we helped a member in her garden. There was an amazing view there and she actually gave us fresh tomatoes, avocado's, parsley and a bunch of other leaf things. We've been eating well. 

Unfortunately Elder Tiebing is even more sick this week. He just isn't getting better. I gave him a blessing on Thursday and he seemed to get a little better, but then Saturday it was really bad again. We didn't leave the piso at all that day. That was the longest day of my mission. I did do a lot of studying, which is good, but it was still boring. Luckily we have today and tomorrow with the zone so it won't be too hard for him. But we have a full schedule for the rest of the week. We are completely booked until Sunday so I hope he gets better soon. 

Tomorrow is zone conference so we have the whole zone flying in today. We lucked out and only have the APs in our piso tonight. Some of the other pisos have like 8 elders tonight. We are having this one here, and then the next one should be on another island. I'm super excited for that. I'll fly again, or even better I'll take a boat. Today we are going to play soccer with the zone at the Church building. So that will be fun. 

Love you guys, talk to you later

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment