Monday, January 8, 2018

Transfers :)

Hey guys,

This has been an absolutely insane week. I mentioned transfers last week and I don't want to leave you hanging, so I'm thinking I should probably talk about that first. I did get transfered. I am actually writing this on a train to Madrid. The cool thing is that my travel doesn't stop there. My new area will be Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife. Yes, I am going to the canary islands. So I should arrive in Madrid around 8 am and then my flight leaves at 11:00. So yeah that's super fun. As far as my new companion goes... that's just as interesting. Remember when I said there are only like 4 or 5 European missionaries in the mission? Well I'm on my third straight. I will have another German companion, Elder Tiebing. I have heard that he is awesome and I really can't wait to serve with him. He does have less time than me in the mission though, I will be "greenie breaking" him (I will be hiss first companion after his trainer.) So my Spanish and overall missionary abilities will be tested for sure. I am sure I will learn a ton over the next few weeks. Another cool thing, we will have a car. In the mission we have a car in Zamora, my new area, and the APs/office have cars. Somehow I have been lucky enough to have one for probably near half of my mission. 

As exciting as all of this is, It's been kinda sad too. I sort of said goodbye to people, but I wasn't sure if I was leaving so I couldn't do too much. Sunday I was able to talk to a lot of the members in church or on the phone, but I still missed a lot of people. I will definitely miss Zamora. It's not the biggest city and there isn't much to see, but I will always love it. 

So, I have some pictures from this week. Yesterday it snowed in Salamanca, like actually snowed. Like 3ish inches. So while everyone else was freaking out because it was so cold and wet, I was in heaven. I already knew about the islands so I had no worries. I only had 24 hours of cold left. 

Today I don't have a ton of time to write. Maybe later when I get to the islands. But I wish I could, awesome things happened this week. especially the Intercambios we had. I'll try to write about that later, but If not I'll write a good one next week. 

Love you guys,


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment