Monday, April 9, 2018

Training Week 1

Hey,

This was an insanely eventful week, as I'm sure you would have imagined. There are plenty of stories to tell, but I think most of them will be told better when I get home than through email. With that being said, here is a "quick" summary of the week;

So monday was pretty fun. Me and Elder Tiebing took the district on a tour of Puerto. It's such a beautiful area. We walked along the coast for a few hours and then we grabbed some Chinese food for lunch and played some uno in a park. Our pday ended a few hours early so we could fit in more appointments. We had 3 eating appointments scheduled that night to say goodbye to Elder Tiebing. We had BBQ chicken, bratwursts and potato salad, a couple pizzas, pasta,salad, sandwiches, and then we ate ice cream 3 times. I was so sick at the end of the night.

Tuesday was also loaded with appointments. We had 3 or 4 and I had 2 and a half hours of meetings. The appointments went well. The meetings not so much. I was skyping in since they are in Madrid, but the wifi went down about 20 minutes in. So I missed the entire training and now I have had no idea what I'm doing all week. šŸ‘šŸ˜ I finally called the office elders at the end and was able to meet my new companion that way. We talked for a second and I told him what to pack. After that we went back to work. I was pretty excited/anxious that night.

Wednesday we had an early appointment with Carlos. He's awesome. He does a lot for us. Then we went straight from his house to the airport. I dropped Elder Tiebing off at security and then I waited an hour with the La Laguna elders for my new companion. His name is Elder Larsen Rogers. He's from New Mexico. (I know, not European!) Here's the cool part, he's a beast at soccer. We realized we were at a few of the same tournaments. He's a lot better than I am though. His Spanish is a little better than mine was when I came into the field, but he's still a greenie. The work has been super fun this week as he is exposed to everything for the first time. 

Thursday we had district meeting. We did the whole thing in english so everybody would understand. It felt kind of weird. By the way we aren't the only training companionship in the district, the hermanasare also new. It was a really good meeting though. Then we had correlation afterwards which was all in spanish. He didn't pick much up. It's super fun for me because that was me just the other day. It's cool to see how much can change and how fast time isflying. I'm definitely not a new guy anymore. 

Friday and Saturday were just loaded with appointments. I remember my first week was just a blur because we were so busy. And it worked out well so why not do it with him. I did the same thing Elder Udy did to dad, and Elder JƤger did to me. Our first lesson I just turned it all over to him. It was hard to do, I really wanted to just help him out and do it. But I know it helped me and in the end its worth it for him. That was our week. One big change has been the extra studies. We have an extra hour everyday to study "the first 12 weeks" pamphlet. Like I said, there are some pretty good stories to tell, but those will be better later.

Thank you for the pictures of the posters and the derby. I loved that! I've been hearing music lately that I just don't recognize at all. It's pretty weird. I've also been hearing a lot about the world cup lately. It must be coming up soon.... I hate that I'm missing it.

The letter from the Packs has been mentioned in multiple emails, but I've never heard of that. That's pretty cool. Those guys are so cool. I'm definitely not ready for the change.

If you have any questions let me know. I wasnt sure what to write so I just tried to summarize the week a little.

Love you guys,

Elder Johnson

Me and Elder Rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment