Monday, September 17, 2018

Cuenca...

Hey guys,

This last few days were full of surprises. To start, I was transferred. I mentioned last email that I thought it might happen, but I was still super surprised. We hadn't prepared for that, so I didn't say goodbye to anybody. We found out Saturday afternoon, i stayed up all night packing, and then I left Sunday after church. I'm on a train right now headed towards Sevilla. I'll be serving in Dos Hermanas. It's a little area just outside of Sevilla. I'm pretty pumped because I've heard there is a small ward there. That will be cool. 

My new companion is named Elder Birnbaumer. He's from Bolivia. Goodbye English. He has 1 transfer less than me in the mission. I met him a year ago, but I don't really know him. I'm excited though. Our district will be small. Just us and 2 hermanas. I'll be district leader. 

Elder Batty was great. We'll hang out after the mission. We saw a ton of miracles in the last 6 weeks. We both felt like we got jipped with transfers. We were sure we would be together for 2 or 3 transfers. 

I'm not ready to leave Cuenca. 3 months is not enough time for 1 area. I got to know everyone, and then I left. I'm really excited for the new area, but I will definitely miss out on a few things in Cuenca. We had quite a few baptisms lined up for the next 2 months. I'm expecting about 7 or 8. 

My birthday was awesome. We were super busy. We did some service in the morning, then we had 2 lunch citas. Afterwards we helped with the self reliance class and then we had weekly planning. It was pretty chill, but we were still frunning all day. I got lots of emails and facebook notifications. That was awesome. Thanks guys. 

Let me know if you have questions and I might be on again. 

Love you, 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment