Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving Zone Conference

Hey,

What a week.. We had zone conference on Thursday, interviews on Friday, and #lighttheworld chaos Saturday and Sunday. It was not only a busy week, but one full of spiritual highs and exciting announcements. 

To start, we had zone conference in Sevilla on Thursday. Elder Rogers and his greenie, Elder Toro, spent the night in our piso the night before since they are a few hours away. It was fun to hang out with Elder Rogers again. He's changed a bunch, he speaks Spanish now. 😂 Then since Thursday was Thanksgiving, we ate Thanksgiving dinner.... Almost. A member from Perú made it. It was meat (maybe pork) with mashed potatoes. It was good, but next year I will enjoy turkey and stuffing. 

The conference was amazing though. We covered a lot of different topics. I took so many notes, I am still reviewing them trying to make sense of everything. They announced the details for #LightTheWorld, as well as changes the first presidency and the area presidency have made. I think one of the biggest things I took away from the conference was actually during the testimonies of the missionaries that go home this transfer. The hermanas I came into the mission with are going home in December, so they shared their testimonies this conference. It made me realize how quickly time is going, and I have felt a new commitment to consecrate every last second I have left in the mission. It doesn't seem that special, but it hit me hard this week. 

Unfortunately, the packages did not make it. 🙁 The next zone conference will be January 8, so that is when I will probably get them. At some point I will need to go to Madrid to sort out my residency card. I have been illegal for 2 months now. So hopefully I can do that this month and grab the packages then.
Friday night bishop invited us over to eat Costco pizza and talk about the #LightTheWorld initiative. He asked us to take the second hour of the meeting on Sunday and present the initiative to the Ward. He also asked us to plan and carry out the service project on Saturday. So all day Saturday we were going around town looking for service opportunities. We talked to the city hall, the police station, the local hospital, red cross, a local charity program, and a program called ONG. in the end we were able to organize something with ONG. I'm still not exactly sure what we will be helping with, but it's something. The presentación went really well. We set up Christmas lights and connected my tablet to the TV to show the calendar and the videos. It was a big hit with the ward. 


I can't believe it's snowing already. Do you think it's gonna snow a lot this winter? I know it's not gonna snow here. The last time Sevilla had snow was over 70 years ago. Thanksgiving looked fun. We were looking forward to the pictures all weekend so elder Zúñiga could see what turkey dinner looked like. Today we are having a chill day. We're gonna meet up in Sevilla, play some card games, and go to Costco to buy American milk. 



Love you, 


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment