Monday, November 27, 2017

Transfers

Hey, 

Elder Jäger is gone!! I'll talk more about that in a sec, but I know you guys will be curious who my new comp is... All I know is that his name is Elder Stulen and he is from Norway. His train will arrive around 9:00 tonight so I'll know more in next week's email. He was serving in the islands so he had to fly to Madrid and then catch a train up here. Elder Jäger is going to Alcalá de Henares. That is the city we went to in the ccm that is famous for Don Quixote. 

We had Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday after district meeting. We kinda laughed at Elder Jäger the whole time. We cooked for an hour tuesday night and an hour during mediodía on Wednesday, and the whole time was just chaos. For us that was normal, that's thanksgiving. But elder Jäger didn't understand why we liked it so much. In the end we cooked 7 turkey filets, 3 packages of gravy plus drippings, 2 packages of stuffing plus the extra bread we added, and 15 potatoes for 4 of us. We didn't have leftovers... but we did have a Thanksgiving hangover. 

Since we knew this would be Elder Jäger's last week here, we had tons of dinner appointments. We just texted everyone we have ever met here and we ended up pretty busy. That means this week was all aboutfood. Thursday night we met with our hippie investigator. The one with the naked prayer circles. I'm not really sure how to describe that night. We went up to the 4th floor of his art shop and built a fire. We cooked a bunch of blood sausage and hairy pig skin, then we all held hands and did a prayer circle. I don't know why that skin stuff is so popular here but I really hate it. The food wasn't good. I don't know what else to say about the rest of the night. Let's just say it all started with them telling us that the fire has more energy if we all take our clothes off. We won't be going back anymore. Oh yeah, they gave elder Jäger a cool stone statue thing they found on a spiritual trip to Perú. I was super jealous of that. The only other thing worth mentioning as far as food goes is that we found a Chinese restaurant. We ate there Friday for lunch. That's the first real Asian food I've had since July. I really missed that. 

President Pack changed the rules on music a little for Christmas. We can listen to non-hymn Christmas songs as long as they are Christ-centered. So since I didn't have any of those Elder Tribbett in my districtshared some songs with me over Bluetooth. I have about 1,100 songs now. Thats really nice with how much we drive. Most of it is allowed, hymns or good Christmas stuff, but some of it will be for later. Lots of Disney music, piano guys, star wars music... Yeah. Really good stuff.

I think there was more I wanted to email about, but I can't remember what it was so maybe next week.

Until next week, 

Elder Johnson 
Thanksgiving Dinner

Josh and Elder Jäger eating the German Apple pancakes we sent in the last package.

No comments:

Post a Comment