Monday, April 23, 2018

Training Week 3 - Loro Parque Part II

Hey guys,

I'm emailing you a little early today because we are going to be at Loro Parque again all day. I'm super excited though, we're going with all elders today. The hermanas are going with Hermana Pack next week so they didn't want to go today. I'll send lots of pictures again, but let me tell you about the week.

So to begin the week we did some service with a member here in Puerto. She has a garden that's on a cliff/the ocean. It's pretty sick. So we helped her pull everything out and plant new stuff. It was really nice to switch it up and have a few hours of yardwork. That morning was crazy though. We messed up when we were scheduling appointments. We were supposed to help her from 9 to 2, but we scheduled a teaching appointment at 11 on the other side of the island. Long story short, we skipped breakfast and showed up early, then we drove to the cita and changed clothes in the car, they didn't answer, then we changed on the way back and worked in the garden until lunch. It was exhausting but totally worth it.

We are continuing with #SweepTheEarth this week. It's actually not as bad as I thought, and I like the effect it's having on the ward. We actually got it going and we have a bunch of people participating. I don't know what effect it would have at home, but I think it would be cool if you guys tried it. I think it would be fun hearing those things from you guys.

We had intercambios/exchanges this Thursday. I was with Elder Hinckley. It was kinda weird because he's from my CCM group. After training for the last few weeks it was a big change in how the work was. I felt like we were pros. It was a good intercambio though and I learned a lot. It may have been the best one of my mission. We had a really good lesson that night. It was one of those where the spirit was overwhelming, and when I was testifying I could really feel the power. In the end, he accepted a baptismal date and it was a cool lesson to be a part of.

I think this is the first week since I have been in Tenerife that we haven't had a lesson with Jonathan. It was really weird. It might be a good thing though. We have become really good friends and you know I talk a lot. I'm finally to the point where my Spanish doesn't limit me on that, so we have had some visits go a little long with him because we were talking the whole time. He reminds me A LOT of dad. It's crazy. We were talking about the possibility of me going to the temple with them next year. If I'm still in Madrid, I think I would be able to go with them. They are going to be sealed in February. I'm so excited for them. They've also mentioned that they want to come to both me and Elder Tiebings weddings. That would be crazy.

I'll send some pictures later today. And can you tell me when mothers day is? I have no idea, I just know its close. Love you, 

Elder Johnson











No comments:

Post a Comment