Monday, June 4, 2018

Gran Canaria

Hey guys,

Today has been CRAZY!! We got up at 5 am to go to La Laguna, when we got there we parked in a free area and grabbed a taxi to the airport, and then ran to get to security. We made it on time though. The bad news is that I left my passport in the piso, so we missed our flight. I had to call the mission office and I ended up getting another flight 2 hours later. After we rescheduled the flight we drove back to Puerto and did it all over again. The good news is we will make it to zone conference tomorrow. The bad news is it was chaotic and there is a 50/50 chance it cost me 40€.

So tomorrow is zone conference in Gran Canaria. It's gonna be a big one. It's our last one with the Packs. (bright side of the flight situation is that they will probably pick us up when we land.) They had us do a lot to prepare. We had to read all of the handbooks and rule books we have. It took us about 6ish hours in total over the last 4 days. We learned a lot though and I'm excited to see how it goes tomorrow.

We found a few really solid investigators this week. Kind of a lot actually. In the last week and a half we found 10 investigators. One of them is named Rosi. She is really cool. She lived in the U.S. for a while and her cousin is a member. I have high hopes for her. The other one I'm really excited about is Orlando. He's the Disneyworld guy. I think I talked about him last week. He is progressing well and we want to give him a baptismal date this week.

I like the questions. They always make it fun.

1. Did you ever try the Mio drink to make diy Mountain Dew? (just curious)

I did. I bought some mineral water last week and we had Mountain Dew and Root Beer! That was gooooood. 

2. Did you get your car back?

We still haven't taken it in. We have an appointment Wednesday to get an estimate on the costs of the repairs. This has been a lot of work that just doesn't seem like missionary work. I still hate cars. :) 

3. What did you do for pday fun today?

We went on a hike in Gran Canaria today. It was a ton of fun. We had the whole zone there and the Packs came too. It was cool to get a few extra minutes with them before they leave. I uploaded a ton of pictures today. 

4. Any new news on the homefront about mission changes and Mission President changes?

Nothing new...

5. Did you get your Jersey you ordered yet? 

It should come tomorrow at zone conference. 

6. Tell us about the lady that has a mansion that you help out. 

She's awesome! She does so much for us. We eat with her once or twice per week. She moved here from South London like 30 years ago, so we speak both languages with her. Her husband has Alzheimers so she really enjoys it when we come over. 

7. How are your new shoes working out? Feel okay?

The new shoes are awesome. They will easily last me the whole mission. I should have started with them. 

8. Are there mosquitoes in Tenerife? You never complain about them but it seems like there would be. 

Tenerife is heaven. You guys know that. We are on the only island that doesn't have mosquitos.... Amazing right? 

9. Can you believe that one year ago you graduated from HS and we were packing our house up to move?

We were talking about that this week. It definitely doesn't feel like that was a year ago. 

10. Fathers Day is coming up here. You already had Fathers Day, right? 

We had it a few weeks or months ago. What day is it exactly in the U. S.? It feels like it was more than a year ago that me and Erin went to Lowes to buy the grill stuff. That was fun. 

A few quick things... This week we had Canary Days. It is like the independence day of the islands. So we got together with the ward and ate paella. The other cool thing is corpus cristi. We took some coolpictures in la Orotava. I uploaded them too.

That's all I've got today. Talk to you next week, 

Elder Johnson




















No comments:

Post a Comment