Monday, May 28, 2018

Training Week 8 - Exploring the Island

Hey, 

This week was a lot better! It hasn't been bad here, but the last few have been slooooww. We've been working really hard though, and it showed this week. We found more new investigators this week than I have any other week of my mission. 3 of them are already progressing well. We have 2 that I am really excited for. The first guy is from Cuba. He's really cool. We started talking to him in a parking lot because he had a Disney World hoodie on, turns out he lived in Florida for a while. The second is a woman that lives on the other side of the island. We've met with her twice already and she's really cool. She gave me a cool soccer key chain.

So Elder Uchtdorf did a training recently for missionaries on how to work better with members of the church. It was awesome. We watched it this week and it was really inspiring. We are working on teaching a perfect lesson in 4 minutes so that we can just stop by and share something with them even if time might be an issue. The goal is to be in and out in like 10-15 minutes. This way we can get to know them and gain their trust better. So far it is going well. We already received a referral from it this week.

Today we went on a pretty cool hike. It's in our area, just really high up the mountain. It was beautiful though. It really reminded me of the Uintahs. We were up there for about 5 hours, so we got lots of pictures. We only went with the 6 of us from our district though, Santa Cruz didn't come today. 

Later tonight we are doing some service with a member from England. She is so cool. Idk if I have talked about her before, but we eat with her every week. We are going to help her clean her house(mansion) first, then we will have a family home evening with them. They are going to teach me how to make a Spanish tortilla. I'm finally going to learn!!!! 

That is so crazy that Dad spoke on that topic yesterday! I didn't even know he was speaking. Me and Elder Rogers stayed up until like 2 am talking about that last night. I don't know how we got on the topic, but at one point it just hit him. Looking back he was really surprised how much he has changed in the last 3 months. He didn't like it at first, he still wants to be the person he was when he left. After he said that I started thinking about it a lot. To some degree I still want to be the same. But I don't know how I can serve a successful mission and not come home a different person. 

Both me and Elder Rogers are super excited for the world cup updates. We were drooling this morning with the champion's league pictures. You're the best for sending those. Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson











No comments:

Post a Comment