Monday, June 18, 2018

Training Week 11 - 100 Ways and goodbyes

This week went by so fast. I hate that time goes by fast when you're enjoying it. I am certain that I'm leaving this week. I'm not even fighting it. I'm just gonna enjoy every minute I have left here.

About a month ago a training video was released where Elder Uchtdorf talked about working with members. In that video he talked about making a list of 100 Ways a member could help the work. Then once you have the list, you teach a perfect lesson in under 5 minutes and have them find something on the list that fits their personality and skills. We really liked the idea. So this week we finished the list. We made it as a district and on friday we sent it to the mission. It's pretty cool. We have already seen a few miracles from it. We have received a few references, a few members have given books of Mormon to friends, we have more members in lessons. It's really cool and we're just starting. We'll see what we can accomplish this week. We had our bishop announce it in sacrament meeting yesterday. 

Rosi is doing well. We met 3 times this week. Here's the cool part though... She came to church yesterday. We never have anybody come. It's such a big commitment. We figured out it's about 15 euros, and a 7 hour day with all of the travel. After figuring that out I understand why nobody comes. She did it though, and she is serious about baptism. We will be teaching the commandments this week. She is on pace for her date of July 28. 

I wanted to meet with everyone before I go, so we went crazy at church yesterday talking to everybody. Now that I have figured out Spanish I have devoloped some really good relationships with the members. It's been really fun getting to know everyone. I definitely have a lot of friends here. So far, we have 11 goodbye citas scheduled for this week just with members. I can't wait! At least 6 of them are lunch/dinner citas. I will have TONS of pictures to send you next week. 

We went down to Los Cristianos this week. It was about 1.5 hours each way. Beautiful drive though. We're supposed to sell the car down there this week, but we're too busy already. Everyday is booked so Elder Rogers will probably have to do it after I leave. 

I volunteered our companionship to be in charge of a ward activity this Saturday. I kinda wanted it to be a cool goodbye thing. So I'm supposed to make pancakes for the whole ward. They don't have those here. Quick question though... Do you have an easy pancake recipe? I'm also supposed to make a scripture trivia game, but it's harder than I thought it would be. Im gonna be working hard on that. 

Thank you for the world cup updates! We're in heaven here. It's not distracting either, don't worry about that. We live above a bar. I hear the games all the time. Keep them coming. I hope you guys are enjoying it. It sounds like there have been some great games and upsets so far. Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment