Tuesday, July 10, 2018

It's HOT in Cuenca!

Hey guys,

Cuenca definitely feels like a new mission compared to the islands. The city is different. The people are different. The work is different. The weather is different. Everything is different. But it's been a lot of fun so far. The work is very similar to Zamora. We are out on the streets contacting most of the time. We went out for 5 hours one day this week. That's a long time in the hot weather.
 
We have a few investigators we are working with right now that are doing wellish. We decided on a baptismal date with one of them this week, but then he went off in class yesterday. He made all of the members mad and denied everything we have taught him. So he's basically gone now. The other 2 investigadores are pretty new. We've only taught them 2 lessons each.
 
We still have a phone with data so I can check my email each night. The world cup is killing me. I have seen some big chunks of games during lessons when we have them in bars. Saturday I watched 25 minutes of the England game with an investigator on satuday. We live right above 2 bars so it gets loud everytime someone scores. 

I decided against cutting my own hair. It seems like a bad idea because the longest blade is a 5. I don't want a military cut. Thank you for sending me that though. As far as the package goes, the only thing I can think of that I can't buy here is food. Mostly treats. 

I think I forgot to mention I've learned a bit of guaraní. We had 2 members from Paraguay in la Laguna and they taught me since I have been to Paraguay. You guys should come pick me up though. ;) I have plenty to show you here. There is a lot of cool stuff to see and people to meet. (and a lot of them speak English.) 

By the way, we went to old Cuenca today to do some sight seeing. Pics are in the drive. Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson













No comments:

Post a Comment