Monday, July 16, 2018

Intercambios on Temple Square

Hey guys,

We had exchanges this week. That was my first day ever working in Madrid. The rest of our district is in the Madrid 6th ward, or Barrio 6, which is in pavones. That's the neighborhood the temple is in. You can see the temple from their bedroom. The intercambio was OK. We couldn't work a ton because we had some meetings and an interview with President during the exchange. We had 1 lesson and then we just contacted the rest of the day.
 
The interview with President Bussey was good. I like him a lot. He's a funny guy but takes the work very seriously. There's not really much to say about the interview though because it was just a "get to know you" interview. He sent out a bunch of rule changes this week though. There were some big ones, but there is one that I'm really not excited for. We aren't allowed to use backpacks anymore. So I have 2 weeks to buy a shoulder bag. Idk where to go to get one. We are going to look around today but Idk if I'll find anything that's very similar to the pictures online. I'll keep you updated.
 
While we were at the temple grounds on Thursday we ran into a few members from Puerto that were on vacation in Madrid. I was only able to talk to them for 5 or 10 minutes but it was nice to see them. That made my day, but then it got even better that night when we saw a member from Salamanca. I saw her from the other side of the temple grounds and I was sure I was seeing things, but then she called out my name. I was super surprised she remembered my name. I talked to her for a few minutes about her family and the branch. Thursday was cool. I didn't expect to see any of these people for a long time.
 
I finally got my meeting with our branch president. We've been trying for a while to find a time. We accomplished a lot in the 20 minutes that we had to talk. We talked about less active members, the branch leadership, how we can use social media to help the branch, and things he needs our help with. He is getting us a list this week of names to visit, and he's going to go out with us twice this week to help us. We're also going to meet with all of the leaders in the ward this week and make a branch mission plan. We're going to set goals and plans for each auxiliary group related to missionary work. I'm really hoping this will work. This branch has potential to grow quickly if all the members are excited about it. And the branch president is thinking about staying here now so he can help the branch. That would be awesome. 
 
We had a miracle last week with a friend named Julian. He is an old investigator that we are meeting with. From the very beginning he wanted to be baptized. The weird thing is that he has a great testimony of everything except living prophets. He seemed to have gotten over everything, but then Saturday night we had a baptismal interview and he failed it because he wasn't sure about President Nelson. Things have moved fast with him, so we're gonna make sure he has this figured out first. But I expect him to be baptized at some point soon. He really is a miracle that came out of nowhere.
 
I'll be on later today to talk more,

Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment