Monday, August 27, 2018

Cuenca Season 2 - Episode 4

Hey guys,

Last week was absolutely crazy. That pday was super busy. I can't remember if I wrote very much, or anything good, but it's been a good couple of weeks. We had exchanges last Monday and Tuesday with the zone leaders. It was really cool. We had some good lessons. I also figured out why there are no pisos with 6 elders in the mission. It would be way too much fun and nothing would get done. I have a ton of story's just from the weekend that we were there. I wrote them in my journal though. I think they will be better told next summer rather than through email. There's a lot of those stories. 

We went to lunch with a senior couple this week. The Mayberrys came on Friday to do a piso check. They wanted to see if we clean and what we need to replace or fix. We did well. We clean a lot. They took us to an American restaurant though. It was really good, but not American portions. I'll leave it at that. Today the elders from our district are here. We have exchanges tomorrow. The hermanas are coming out in bus and we're all going on a hike today and then I'll show them old Cuenca. I'll send lots of pictures. I am happy to be with missionaries these last 2 weeks. I miss it when I'm in these areas. Sometimes I like speaking English and having a little fun on pdays. 

So we were put in a really sucky situation by the mission office this week. They ordered us a new chair for our piso, but then we had to pay in cash when they delivered it. They called us 15 minutes before to tell us about it, so we ran to an atm to get money. We each had to pull out quite a bit of personal money and mission money to cover it. They are reimbursing it, but we were pretty mad about the situation. We had to skip grocery shopping for a week, but it's all good. I lit up the office. We were on the phone with them a bunch and it ended wellish. I don't think they'll do that again and I'm pretty sure were gonna be spoiled out here for a while. That's what happened with the 60€ though. 

We went to the fair on Saturday night with some members and then we met some investigators there after. It was pretty cool. It felt pretty home-ish. They had lots of attractions and food stands. Unfortunately the food was fair food. I got a baked potato with shredded ham and some weird tomato sauce. I won't get that again. We're gonna go look around more tonight though. Elder Batty wants to snag a few soccer jerseys from the tents there. They have them super cheap, like 5-20€. We'll see what we can find. 

I uploaded pictures of the soccer game last week. Some hermanas took them at some point during the game. I didn't even know about them until this weekend. Today we are with the district here in Cuenca. I'm gonna show everybody old Cuenca and the hike I went on with Elder Jordan. I'll upload pictures later.



Elder Batty is district leader. And the technology thing did affect us, but not our email. I have just been without area book or daily planner for a week. We're making it work though. 

I'll be on later today, we are waiting for the district to get here so I thought I would take advantage and write a little. Talk to you soon, 

Elder Johnson



{I emailed and asked Josh about his shirt as soon as these pictures uploaded. His response: " ..there's some guy here that makes them for all the missionaries. It has my name, soy mormon, Cuenckers, and I've been cuencked. Pretty cool, right?"}



No comments:

Post a Comment