Monday, September 3, 2018

We found grass... Almost, it's turf.

Hey,

This week was awesome. We had intercambios Monday and Tuesday with the elders in the sixth ward. I was with Elder Curtis and we saw some crazy miracles. We ran into a few members in the street that haven't been active in years. That was cool. Then we had a lesson with Susi and her son. They are going to be baptized either next week or on the 22. I'm super excited for them and the branch. They will help a lot.

District meeting was weird this week. The zone leaders couldn't come, we have to Skype from Cuenca, and the hermanas were sick and couldn't leave piso. We worked it out though and did a conference video call from 4 different locations. The meeting went pretty smooth. Technology is pretty nice sometimes.

I got a haircut this week. It's pretty bad though. I went to a cheap place we found. It turns out it's a school though. She basically gave me a 3 on top and a 1 on the sides. It's the shortest my hair has been in a long time. Maybe ever. She tried to do my sideburns with the blade looking thing, and she cut me pretty bad like 6 times. She had to use a hot stick thing and burn it to make it stop bleeding. We were laughing pretty hard afterwards. I'm not going cheap ever again though.

Today was the best pday of the mission. Easy.... The game 2 weeks ago got me in the mood, so last week I called up everyone in the surrounding zones that plays, and we put together a good game. We rented out an 11 v 11 turf field by the temple. In the end we had 32 elders show up. I had so much fun. I wore my pumas and I had a few good slide tackles. Don't worry though, I was smart and I came out with zero injuries. I think it helps that I'm getting in better shape with elder Batty. Elder Curtis took a good hit within the first 2 minutes and dislocated his shoulder. He went to the doctor pretty quick so he'll be fine. I uploaded a picture to the drive.

Next pday were going to the temple, so it will be Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to the long gap there, but I am looking forward to the temple. This will be the first time since Provo for elder Batty. He's pretty pumped.

Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson








No comments:

Post a Comment