Monday, August 13, 2018

Cuenca Season 2, Episode 2

Hey, 

We had a fun first week of the transfer. The last 6 weeks were pretty slow, but this week we found a lot of stuff to keep us busy. We met with every member in the first 3 days, and president Fernando came with us a few times. 

We have zone conference on friday. I'm pretty sure I will get the packages this time... I've been bugging the office for a while. I am excited to have my first real zone conference in Madrid. They combine all the zones, so we should have like 100 missionaries there. Last transfer was different because the Busseys just introduced themselves. 

Elder Batty is a fun guy. I learned a little more about him this week. He's playing football at BYU when we get home, and as far as I can tell he's gonna be good. He's a huge guy. He's got 4 or 5 inches on me, but a good 60 or 70 pounds as well. All muscle. My morning workouts just got a lot more intense. We went to a mall today and bought new knives, pans, and a wok. He wants to open his own restaurant when he gets home, and you know I like to cook, so this is gonna be fun. He's been in the mission for 1 year. We get along really well. He thinks we will be together for 3 transfers. That would be a long time, but it would be fun. 

We got more big news this week. The north is going to the Barcelona mission. Im not sure exactly where the border will be, but I think Zamora and above is gone. It's pretty crazy how many changes we have seen. They redid all of the zones this transfer, and they mixed up just about every companionship. Almost everybody has 1 Madrid missionary, and 1 Málaga missionary. I'm going to meet a lot of new people at zone conference. 

Dude! All these pictures of the hive have got me and Elder Batty feeling a little trunky (homesick). But in a good way. The bunkhouse is looking good. I would kill for a weekend up there. I can't wait to do that when I get home. And don't stop sending pictures because I said that. We're thinking of buying a cheap BBQ. We found one for 10€ and we have a small balcony. We just need permission from our landlord. If we get it though, we're going to top dad's cedar smoked salmon. 
I'll be on for the next little bit if you have any questions for me. 

Love you guys,
Elder Johnson

(more from our questions:

The visits with the members were fun. We ate a lot. There were a few weird ones cause we had to deal with some problems. They just got a little heated inbetween the BP and the other members. It was productive though. I had fun introducing elder Batty to everyone and listening to each one of them make a comment about how big he was.

We had a chill pday. There's no stress since we'll be together for a while. We just cleaned and did that shopping. We took about 2 hours and made a bomb stir fry for lunch. We spent like 30€ just on vegetables this week. It's pretty awesome.)




No comments:

Post a Comment