Monday, October 1, 2018

Dos Hermanas - Week 2

Hey,

Everyday Sevilla feels a little more like what I expected Spain to be like. I think it's because it's a bigger city so it's not as poor. We had a good, Spanish week. Last night we ate a Spanish tortilla and paella. Some members cooked food for us and gave it to us in Tupperware at church. Saturday we put on our soccer shoes and went to a few soccer courts to find people to play. That's still my favorite way of finding people to teach. The group we ended up playing with were cool. We're going back this Saturday to play again. They are probably the most talented group I've played with so far. I've got to step up my game.

My Spanish is improving quite a bit. Being surrounded 24/7 by it makes a difference. Elder Birnbaumer doesn't speak a lick of English, so obviously we only speak in Spanish together, but even with other missionaries we only speak Spanish. I'm to the point now where I only think in Spanish and all of my dreams are in Spanish. I even wrote the first 2 sentences of this email in Spanish.

Friday and Saturday we helped some less active members move houses. It reminded me of moving right before the mission. It was pretty fun seeing the difference having a ward can make. In my last areas we were the only ones available to help since we only had like 10 members, but this weekend we had 14 guys from the Elders Quorum show up to help. It was pretty cool. This ward is really cool.

My talk went well yesterday. Since I became district leader I never have as much time to study as I would like. On top of the normal studies I have to plan meetings and write reports, lots of boring stuff, so I completely forgot to write my talk. I took 10 minutes before church and marked a few scriptures and it went well. I think this has happened so many times in the mission that I'm getting better at it. Next time I'll write it out though. I already know when I have to speak again.

That's awesome that the Busseys sent that email. They're super cool. We definitely are the happiest missionaries in the world. And dude.. That's a super cool story about elder Tiebing. I hadn't heard about that. I'm not super surprised though, he's a great missionary.

I'm uploading the pictures from last week, I don't have much from this week. Elder Birnbaumer hates pictures and we didn't do anything for pday again. I'll make sure I have something next Monday.

Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment