Monday, October 8, 2018

My 3rd General Conference

Hey, 

This was an awesome week! I have time today, so I'm gonna write a novel. I'm gonna start with zone conference. I learned a lot and definitely left on a spiritual high. I don't know that that has worn off yet since we had general conference this weekend. The Busseys are great. They are focusing on one principle from lesson 3, which is The Gospel of Jesus Christ, each zone conference. This time we discussed the Holy Ghost. We focused a lot on how God directs his work through the spirit, and what role we have in that process. We saw some great examples of that this week. I'll share them in a minute. A large part of our role is being worthy to be God's instrument, so we talked a lot about obedience. That was something we needed to hear as a companionship, so that's cool. 

The next day was one of the times we saw an example of what we learned, like I mentioned earlier. We were contacting in a pueblo about 20 minutes south of Dos Hermanas and we passed by an old investigator. We knocked on the gate outside his yard and waited for 3 or 4 minutes but he didn't answer. As we were walking away he came running outside wearing only a towel. He was in the shower and wasn't planning on getting the door, but he got a strong impression that he should answer it. It's a good thing he followed the impression. He let us in and told us he was glad to see us. His wife had left him over the weekend and he needed our help. We shared a short message with him and then invited him to come see general conference. It was really cool to see how we were used to answer his prayers. (Also, that man will be baptized. Just saying...)

Saturday was amazing. We got up early and grabbed the train to go to Sevilla for our interviews with President Bussey. It was a great interview. Then we had studies, and general conference. I wasn't surprised when President Nelson announced something new, we all knew that was coming, I just wasn't sure what it would be. I think the new change sounds great. 

I don't know if you guys have heard much about the new book the church released, "Saints." I started it last Saturday. I got hooked pretty quickly. By Monday I was reading every spare moment I had. I finished it yesterday morning. The book is about the history of the church, and covers the time that Joseph Smith was prophet. It was an awesome prep for conference. It helped me see the real purpose of the church. The changes we're seeing now are only helping fulfill what was started almost 200 years ago with Joseph Smith. This week my testimony grew a lot. I have no doubt this is the true church. This is the last dispensation, and we are being prepared for the things to come. This new schedule gives us more responsibility. A few members here have already been concerned about it, but as we strengthen our testimonies and get on the covenant path, I don't think it will be an issue. I don't know if anyone will have time since you're already reading the Book of Mormon, but I would recommend Saints. It is a great book. 

Thanks for the update on everyone. That was fun to read. So I actually started this email a few hours ago and have been writing every chance I get. I thought I would have more time, but I just found out we have to catch a bus really soon. Today was fun. We saw the cathedral. It was beautiful and I have a ton of pictures I'll upload a few today and the rest next week. Love you guys, 

Elder Johnson












No comments:

Post a Comment