Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Costco Pizza, Volleyball and Keeping Busy...

Hey,

We have been super busy lately. The work is really picking up lately. We are booked 10 days out right now. We are still working towards the baptisms of 3 of friends in the coming weeks and months. I'm really excited for adilia right now. All she needs to be baptized is a new job that allows her to come to church in Sundays. She applied for a job last week and will find out if she got it on Thursday of this week. If she did, we will have a baptism in 3 weeks. Maria and Alejandro are also progressing, slowly, but progressing.

I started a new project this week. I am reading all of the conference talks from president Nelson. He has given 79 talks since 1984, so I will need to read a lot. So far it has been a good study though. President Nelson is a really funny guy, and it's easy to see that from the beginning he has been prepared for this calling. If you want to read an example of how funny he is, the first three paragraphs of his first talk are pretty good. 

I'm speaking in sacrament meeting again next week. My topic will be a talk from the April conference this year, "It's all about the people" given by Bishop Gérald Caussé. They asked me to speak for about 20 minutes this time. I like the opportunity to speak so often, I learn a lot every time I prepare a talk. But it's kinda funny that we have 60 active members and this will be my 3rd time speaking in 2 months. I'll let you know how it goes next week. 

That's awesome that you got a bracelet from Mallorca. Our ward mission leader is working there right now. Also, that's a good day for Emma's surgery. It's a pday. I mean, if she has to do it, that's a good day. 

We have zone conference next week. It's on Thanksgiving, so I'm really hoping that we will eat Thanksgiving dinner. They have a Costco close that carries pumpkin pie and turkey, so I think they will do it. I'm also excited because I talked the zone leaders into letting Elder Roger's and his greenie stay with us the night before. They're coming up from Cádiz. That will be fun to hang out with him for a minute. 
We have a zone pday today. We are all in sevilla for a volleyball tournament. We came out early this morning so we could have lots of time to play. So far we are in the semis, we're doing pretty well. We also sent the companionship that has a car to get pizza at Costco. But yeah, that's our week. Love you. 

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment