Monday, November 5, 2018

Halloween, Christmas and Costco

Hey,

This week was full of stories. We had a lot happen here, and you guys had a lot happen there. This week I received more emails from the family before Sunday than I have in months. To start off, I have to tell you about my Halloween. It wasn't quite as good as yours, but it was still an adventure. We went to the hermanas' area to set up a stand and a table to talk to people about the Book of Mormon. We realized just in time that the bus schedule was different that morning, so we ran and made the bus just on time. That's the good part, the bad news is that we forgot the table and the stand. We still went out to talk to people, but when we arrived to our normal place, the Jehova's witnesses were there with their stand. We left and found a side street instead of the main square. We were there for a few hours, and then we had to catch our bus to head back to our area. We have a prepaid bus card that we use for travel between the two cities. Since we started the day poorly, everything had to go bad, right? We came up 20¢ short and couldn't get back to our area. We couldn't pay in card, and the atms were closed for mediodía (yeah, even the machines take a nap.) So we got back to our area at 6:30 and ate and studied to finish the day. It was pretty lame. 

I'm hoping Thanksgiving will be better, but I'm not sure how it will turn out. An American companion would make it a lot easier. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Argentina. So far we don't have any plans. We are already starting Christmas though. They gave us the videos and all of the materials this week for #lighttheworld. I'm pretty excited for it this year. There are a lot of fun things we can do with it. 

The work was good this week. We started using Facebook a lot more. We are using an idea from a new jersey mission. We basically add 3000 friends on Facebook every week, and then we send a message to everyone that accepts the request. We have pre-written messages that we send that basically weed out the people that don't have interest, then we teach the people that have potential. It's super weird, but it's working. We also started teaching a guy named Alejandro on Friday. He's pretty cool. We set a baptismal date with him for January. He already knows a lot about the church and has come pretty regularly on Sundays, he just needs to live the word of wisdom to be baptized. 

So I uploaded a few pictures to the drive. They are pictures of our soccer activity on Saturday, me at the church in dos Hermanas, my lunches, Costco, and the Real Betís stadium. We couldn't go in the stadium because there is a uefa match this week, but we're planning on doing it in a few weeks. Costco was awesome today. It made me realize how awesome the united States really are. I didn't go crazy, but I'll be going back. 












I didn't buy any Reeses but I found American milk so I bought 5 liters! And I got pancake mix and syrup.

Love you, 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment