Monday, January 7, 2019

Baptism #3

Hey,

It hasn't been very long since I last emailed you, but a lot has happened. Right after pday on Wednesday we met up with the APs for exchanges. It was really good. I learned a lot. We had a few lessons and we spent a lot of time contacting in the street. We finished that exchange thursday night and started another one with the elders from Barrio 2 Friday at lunch. The second one was also really good, but it wasn't the same.
 
Friday morning was Gabriela's BAPTISM! It was really cool. She wanted a private baptism. So only the two of us, her and her mom, and the first counselor in the bishopric came. She asked me to speak in the baptism and confirm her. It was pretty cool. I was a little nervous to do the confirmation. I don't really have a lot of experience doing that and we had 300 members in church on Sunday. It worked out well though and it was a cool experience.

Elder Johnson, Gabriela, Elder Johnson
(January 4, 2019)

Saturday we went to Barrio 2 after exchanges so we could do a baptismal Interview. I really enjoy doing interviews. This time it was a 10 year old kid though. I really need to work on having patience with kids. He was all over the place and the interview took forever. In the end he passed though and his baptism is scheduled for Saturday.
 
The new schedule didn't really affect us too much this week. I think our attendance was about the same. It's hard to tell though because there are so many members to keep track of. I like the chedule though. It gives us an extra hour to work everyday.
 
I'm writing this email in the Prado Museum today. I love this part of town. We're in the center of Madrid. All the buildings are big and/or old. Elder Johnson is not a big city guy though. He likes the smaller areas and he's super intimidated here. The art in the museum is good. They're celebrating 200 years since the museum was opened. They have a few special exhibits that are cool. I feel bad cause I am making my companion wait while I read everything again. My companions always hate going to museums with me.




 Love you, 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment