Monday, January 14, 2019

Trio...Cuenca...Suit...

Hey,

I have a ton to write about this week, but not much time. I'm sitting in Sol, the main square in Madrid. It's super cool here. I love the big city feel and all the stores here. Shopping is definitely an addiction of mine. I'll get to that later though.

The first big thing is that we are in a trio right now. Elder Koppe from the Netherlands is my second companion here. He's doing a pilot mission in the temple right now. He applied for a normal, full time proselyting mission and they called him there. Since the temple is closed right now, he is with us though. He's a good missionary. It's kinda weird though. It's hard to teach with three people. It just throws off the rythm. It's also awkward sometimes cause we have to take a phone call or do something zone leader related and he can't be involved. He always has to leave the room.

We had a family home evening in the house of some members on Monday. We invited a few friends, and our friends brought their wives and kids with them. We ended up with about 25 people there. It went really well, and afterwards we had the parents of both families tell us they want to be baptized. We are all really excited for them! The closest to baptism so far are Milagros and her daughter Katty. They're awesome. They are actually the ones that taught us how to make ceviche a few weeks ago.

We had exchanges in Cuenca this week! I was in heaven. I haven't been home sick in a long time, but I was really Area sick. We met with almost all of the members there, so about 3 families. It was a good thing too, the current missionaries aren't meeting with them. It was fun though.

Today we did our zone pday. We had to plan a lot for it. We went all out. It was worth it though, everyone had a good time and we didn't have any injuries. We did a zone Olympics. The highlight was some nasty shakes we made. We put hot dogs, mustard, chocolate milk, tomatoes, and gummy bears in the blender and then everybody had to drink it. 3 people threw up... It was awesome. We also went to Sol today. I bought a super fancy, good looking, tailored, European, slim fit, blue with a funky pattern suit!! It looks super good. We cleaned up on the sales. It's a two pant suit as well so it should last longer. All for 80€. šŸ˜Š I am proud. My companions bought shoes, belts and ties as well. I controlled myself. Jaja

So yeah, that's my week. There was more to write about, but those are the highlights. Love you! 

Elder Johnson














No comments:

Post a Comment