Monday, January 21, 2019

Trio part 2 and Transfers

Hey, 

We had a really good week! It was our last week with Elder Koppe as our "official" companion. He is super fun. I really enjoyed having two companions. Elder Johnson and I talk a lot anyways, but wth Elder Koppe it's been out of control. I love it. 

We met with Milagros and Katty this week. We planned on setting the baptismal date with them, but right as we started the lesson Katty told us she liked listening to us but she promised her grandma (who died about 20 years ago) that she will never leave the catholic church. Elder Koppe got super scared when he heard that and looked at me and elder johnson as if he was asking if we should still teach about baptism. Elder Johnson kinda paused, so he looked at me and I just nodded my head. We continued, and we invited both of them to be baptized on Feb. 8. With a little persistence they accepted. They came to church yesterday and we are doing a family home evening tonight, so they are doing well. šŸ‘

We also had transfers this week. That was probably the most stressful part of being a zone leader yet. We were organizing travel plans and sleeping assignments from about 10:30 on Saturday until 4:00. We ended up missing our lunch appointment, but it was all good. Me and Elder Johnson are staying together for at least 6 more weeks. I'm super pumped. It's been a while since I've done 2 transfers with a companion and more than 2 in an area. It's almost certain I'll be here at least until April. 

We played sand volleyball for a few hours. I'm probably not gonna do that again for awhile. We played barefoot and now my feet hurt cause they're frozen. We also went to a mall so Elder Johnson could find a suit. He didn't though, so we're gonna keep searching. We also ate at a place called Rodilla, it's like Rodizio Grill. Unlimited meat. It was expensive, but worth it. 

How is Come, Follow Me going? We don't get time to study it in the mission. We're using it with friends, but I don't know a ton about it yet. Let me know.. 

This week will be busy. We will have more Intercambios, 4 meetings, and a training for zone leaders. We will still do some missionary work, I promise. But yeah, we'll talk more next week. Sorry I don't have as much time to write anymore. 

Love you. Bye

Elder Johnson

P.S.
I forgot to mention that the area president, Elder Johnson, is coming to do a mission tour in a month. He's also coming to Concilio (mission leadership council). It's gonna be cool to get to know him a little.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment