Monday, February 18, 2019

Wow, It's like Christmas everyday...

Hey,

Soo um... Some things changed this week. We'll talk about that in a minute. We had Mission leadership council on Wednesday. It was awesome! Elder Paul V. Johnson was there. He is the president of the Europe area. He was pretty impressed with the council and gave us some great tips on how we can improve. Then on Thursday we had Zone Conference with him. It was combined with 5 zones, including the islands. It was super good and I learned a lot. They focused a lot on missionaries that go home in the next 6 months and what we will do with our lives after we finish. It was kind of a weird topic that surprised everybody. It was good though. Sister Johnson asked a question that was pretty deep, but really good. "How will the new me fit into my old world?" It's a super good question. You change a lot in the mission.
 
We are in Cuenca today. We went on a hike and we got sushi. We're gonna be doing Intercambios here until tomorrow night. We're planning on meeting a lot of the members so I'm super excited. I'm gonna be with Elder Driggs. We also had Intercambios with the elders from the 8th ward last week. We had 8 elders in our piso everyday of the week because of all of the conferences. That sucked super bad. They ate all of our food.

Katty and Milagros are doing great. We had an amazing lesson with them on Thursday night. I am certain they will get baptized. They have already received their answers. But at the same time, they are both super stubborn catholics. Oh yeah, Milagros made us some stuffed avocados this week. She just cut an avacado in half and put chicken salad inside. My allergies went nuts and it was amazing. 
 
The rule change.. I still don't know how I feel about it. It's super cool. I think it will be awesome talking to you guys more often, but I also feel like that takes away from the mission a little. I do think it's cool that the changes just keep coming, and I like be involved so directly in the changes. I probably won't go crazy with calls, but we can test it out because they obviously did it for a reason. This is an inspired change.
 
I received my package. Thank you so much. You are the best. I also talked to President more about extending. I think talking to him made my decision even harder. It turns out transfers are the 21st of August, not the 14th. He gave me 3 weeks to decide, and I'm gonna take advantage of that. 

Love you,

Elder Johnson

Cuenca - I miss this place

Cuenca Hike

Mission Leadership 

The Johnsons

Me and the kid (Elder Rogers) 

No comments:

Post a Comment