Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Juan got baptized.

Hey,

We had another crazy week again. We had general conference, a baptism, snow, exchanges in Cuenca, a session in the temple, preparation for transfers, residency appointments, and the normal teaching appointments. 

Exchanges in Cuenca were a ton of fun. Had 5 appointments fail us so we hit the streets and talked to everyone we saw. We saw some good miracles. We got 8 phone numbers which is good. While we were studying in the church a family walked in and asked if they could talk to us. The dad is a member from Ecuador and he has 4 kids that aren't members but want to be. They moved here less than a week ago. We taught them the first lesson and it looks like Cuencas member count just went from 13 to 18. I love seeing miracles like that in Cuenca. 

So that was Friday. Saturday we got up early to catch our train back to Madrid since we had Juan's baptism at 12:00. Turns out the busses don't run until 9:00 on Saturdays so we had to call a taxi to get to the station. Then we grabbed our train and we got to Madrid at 11:55. We ran to our piso and threw on our suits and booked it to the temple. We were almost on time. The baptism clearly was the best planned, and we had some funny moments, but it was awesome. We had Santi's dad baptize him. When Juan came up out of the water he hugged Brother Montes and then went back under the water to fix his hair. It was pretty funny. His testimony was amazing though. I mean, he's basically been a member for 8 years, he has a pretty strong testimony. 

After that we had a few appointments and then we went to the Mayberry's house for general conference. It was a pretty good setup. The hermanas and elder koppe were there. We ate nachos, cookies, doritos and all kinds of good snacks. Then on Sunday we were with them all day. Conference was awesome. We were all expecting big announcements, but it was kinda nice to focus on the good talks instead. Some of my favorites were from Elder Hales, Uchtdorf, all of President Nelson's, and Elder Hollands. I'm sad it's over. Next time I'll be able to look back and say that I had a baptism the day of the last conference though, that's pretty cool. 

I think we found our next friend that will be baptized. His name is Javier and he's an 18 year old from Nicaragua. He's been here for about 2 months and he met with the missionaries in his country. We have taught him twice and we gave him a baptismal date this week. We're shooting for may 11 with him. 

Transfers are on Monday so we are gonna be busy this weekend. This is the worst part of the transfer. I think time is still speeding up. I'm really hoping to stay. I don't feel ready to go yet. I'm pretty sure I'm staying anyways so.. Also, I got my residency card on Monday so I'm legal again. I'm good to stay until July of 2020. 

I'll watch for the package this week. Keep me posted. Thank you so much!

Love,

Elder Johnson












No comments:

Post a Comment