Tuesday, April 16, 2019

No time to write.... a voice recording instead

Hey,

So, Bueno.

So I got transferred so I don’t really have a ton of time today for emails because I have to pack and say goodbyes. I figured I would just do a voice message and catch you up this way. So I am packing right now. I am going to Jaen. It’s a city that is down South by Malaga. As far as I know, it’s in the middle of nowhere. I’m pretty excited. I’ve pretty much spent the whole mission in areas like that and it’s supposed to be really really pretty. I’m excited. I’m going to be with a younger missionary that just finished being trained – actually by Elder Jordan (my other companion in Cuenca). So I’m pretty excited. I’ll be District Leader again – not gonna be Zone Leader. They are trying to get a bunch of younger Zone Leaders in since every Zone Leader we have right now will be going home in the next three months. Makes sense. In my district, I’ll have the Zone Leaders down there in Granada and then I’ll have four hermanas as well. There’s going to be eight of us but we’re going to be pretty spread out. I don’t know that we will see much of each other – other than District Meeting. But yeah, I’m pretty excited.

As far as this week, it’s kinda been a sucky week. I’ve been super busy and I was super surprised by the transfer and was not ready for the goodbyes. We had not planned anything for that. That definitely snuck up on me. It’s okay though. We have a ton of goodbye’s though. Yesterday that’s all we did. Saturday – same. Today that’s what we are doing. Last night I said goodbye to Gabriella. That was fun. She is pretty cool. I think she will stay strong in the church. She is actually doing mission prep right now so I am really excited for that. She is eighteen so she could go pretty soon. And then we also met with Katty. She is doing really well. We gave her a blessing last night. She is doing really well with the church in general. She is going back to Peru for a month this summer. I should be able to visit with her and Milagros (her mom) this summer before I leave. I’ll have two days in Madrid before I leave and I think I will go back up and see them. She gave me a beanie. It’s pretty cool -  it’s a Peru beanie like that t-shirt I have (same brand and everything). I said goodbye to Juan and all the members, tons of members here. I have probably 200 pictures I could put on the Drive if I wanted to. We took pictures of everyone after church for like 2 hours yesterday. That Javier kid (he’s the one we found playing soccer last week that I said would probably get baptized). He has a baptismal date now. We met with him another time and taught him about the Book of Mormon and prayer. He’s doing really well.  We are going to play soccer with him tonight with all the guys from the ward. I think he’ll get baptized within the next month honestly. But, I won’t be here.

This week has been a shorter week since I wrote you on Wednesday. We had transfers all day Saturday and then it’s been goodbyes since. We had a couple of appointments that went well.

Hopefully I don’t have to pay for any travel today. It will be about 12 hours of travel. I’m traveling all day with Elder Rogers. We planned it out that way on Saturday. He is going waaaay down South – he’s going down to the beach.

Anyway- I will write next week and hopefully have more time to upload some pictures. 

Love you guys!

*this post was a voice message recorded by Elder Johnson and typed for this blog



No comments:

Post a Comment