Monday, May 27, 2019

Last transfer 🙃

Hey, 

So this was probably the craziest transfer weekend of my mission. I'm not even sure where to start... Well, they closed our area. The sisters will stay in the ward but there won't be elders. So elder Jemmett is going to Madrid, and I am going back to the canary Islands! My new island is called Fuerteventura. There is only one Companionship on the island, so we might be a little lonely Jaja, but it's gonna be crazy. The big twist is that we are "whitewashing" it, meaning my new companion has never been there either. His name is Elder Backstein. He was trained by elder batty and is in the same group as elder Jemmett, so he's young in the mission. When we arrive tomorrow we will find the bishops house and get the keys to our apartment and then we will start to explore from there. This is gonna be an adventure for the next few weeks. 

We just grabbed a 3 hour bus to malaga and tonight around 8 I'll grab a train to Sevilla. I'm gonna spend the night there and then my flight leaves from Sevilla tomorrow around 2 I think. From there I'm not sure if I wfly directly to my island or if I'll go to a bigger one and then grab a boat to my island. I guess we'll see. I'm super excited though! 

The last two weeks here have been interesting. We worked really hard, but it was as if the lord was preparing the area to close. All of our friends moved away or stopped answering us, and all of our member appointments failed for dumb reasons. We just couldn't get anything going. It's OK though. Friday we did have a little miracle. Antonia, an investigator of 32 years, asked us a lot of questions about baptism in a lesson and as we answered we were pretty direct with her. The rest of her family are members but they can't be sealed because she isn't a member, so after we talked about that we decided to be a little bold and we asked her to be baptized. She was hesitant, but in the end she was excited to set the date for June 8. I really hope she gets baptized. We also found a family during my exchange with Elder Kohlström on Monday that has 2 kids above 8 that aren't baptized yet because the parents were inactive when they were that age. The sisters should baptize them this month. It's hard to leave it all behind after being here only 6 weeks and seeing these miracles this week, but it will be just as cool in the islands. 

I should also mentoon that Elder Johnson is the new AP, so that's super fun. I'll be seeing him at zone conference now and probably staying in his piso before I go home. Sadly I am leaving Elder Kohlström this transfer though. I'll see them all soon enough though when we're all home. I should have wifi on and off during this bus ride so we can chat. 

Love you, 

Elder Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment