Monday, June 3, 2019

Adventures of fuerteventura week 1

Hey,

What a week! I have been surprised by just about everything here. The island looks pretty in the pictures with all the beaches and sand dunes, but we are living in Africa. Apparently we're only 60 miles away from the Sahara. We have been getting hit with sandstorms this week so it's been super hot and windy. Most of the people we see in our neighborhood are Africans as well. That makes it a little harder because they arent exactly from the Christian part of Africa. 

Our flight to get here was delayed by 4 hours on Tuesday and then when we got here we didn't have a phone or keys so it was a little difficult the first day. We wandered around until we found our apartment and a little market. We eventually got our phone and stuff from a member and we were able to drop our stuff off in piso and hit the streets for an hour. This has been the longest week of my mission by far. 

The elders that were here for the last few transfers both finished their mission at the same time and they honestly could not have been trunkier towards the end. When we arrived we found out that they had not texted or called an investigator in about a month and they did pday stuff almost everyday. So we're starting from scratch. I love the challenge for my last transfer though. It's a ton of fun and it will be amazing to see some progress here. 

Today we played basketball and paddle with a member. It was pretty fun. Next week we're gonna play tennis. I actually really like it. It's a fun sport and I don't think I would break my hips or knees top bad playing it. Emma's pictures look awesome! I'm jealous that she can go to the beach. It's so close but so far right now. I'll be on the chat so we can talk. Love you, 

Elder Johnson 



No comments:

Post a Comment