Monday, June 10, 2019

Happy Birthday!!!

Hey, 

Happy birthday!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll call you today once you get on the road and we can talk a little. That activity/call yesterday was super cool. I wish I wouldn't have missed the second half. It's OK though, I'm sure there will be more opportunities once I get home. Elder Backstein and I were talking all night about how bad we are at English. I mean, I can talk to my comp or to you guys fine, but I just say things that make no sense and the words don't come to my head like they should. It was kinda hard yesterday to express myself and testify convincingly like I can in Spanish. 

This week was loooooooong. We spent a lot of time in the street contacting everybody we saw and passing by the houses of old investigators. Most days we were in the sun for over 6 hours and walked more than 15 Km. We got fried on Monday and then we were sick all week so we bought some fancy sunblock and big sombreros. I'm sure you saw them on Facebook. If not, I'll upload some pictures right now. 


We found people to teach though! We found 3 friends this week that are already progressing well. One is from Cuba, one from Venezuela, and the last one is from Colombia. We are going to be eating some good food! :) Gleisy (Venezuela) and Victor (Colombia) are a couple that have been here for 2 months and can't find a church here that is similar to the one in their country, so we're helping them find it... we've had 3 lessons with them already and they are really interested. I think would be baptized within 2 weeks honestly, but they're not married and they live together so that will get in the way a little. 

Our exchanges in Lanzarote were a crazy experience. The Elderes are having a tough time so it was a tough one in that sense. The island is absolutely beautiful though. I posted some pictures on Facebook and I'll probably post more. The boat was pretty cool. I've been on a million bus rides and airplanes but the boat was new. We saw some flying fish on the way. I was with Elder Serrano on the intercambio. He's from Honduras and he was jealous that I know how to make pupusas and baleadas because he doesn't know how to. If we get a chance I'm gonna make it for him.






Today was pretty lame. The members couldn't do anything and the buses are complicated so we had to stay here in Puerto. We played some risk and went to a Canarian restaurant. Tonight we're going up north to a Pueblo called Corralejo. It's a really pretty place. This week we're also visiting Tetir and Gran Tarajal. You'll have to look up pictures of the pueblos. Each one is so different. We're also going to Madrid  on Wednesday. We'll come home the next day and then leave again to go to Gran Canaria on Monday for exchanges with the Zone Leaders. That's 6 flights total. Anyways, we'll talk soon.

Love you, 

Elder Johnson 


No comments:

Post a Comment