Monday, May 7, 2018

Training Week 5 - I hate cars pt. 2

Hey guys,

Sorry for the short email last week. It was a busy day. We are in Puerto for pday again today. We went to a new cliff/Beach area. I've been looking at it for a while and it was even better than I expected. Then we went to the Vietnamese place. It's a 3 minute walk from our piso and it's really good. Elder Rogers got the chicken Sautee Bahn mi, and I got vermicelli noodles with langostines. That was one of the best meals I've had here.

We've noticed that our investigators aren't progressing as well as we would like this transfer. I think part of it is the fact that we are training. We are both learning a lot as we go and we probably make a ton of mistakes. But I think we are going to change some things and try to improve it a little quicker. We are going to explore some new areas this week, and we are working with the members more. Tuesday we had a little miracle with the members. The story is kinda long, but I'll just give you the short version. We organized a ward activity and 2 families came. So I got pretty frustrated and went and talked to the counselors in the bishopric. At first it seemed like a bad idea, but now we are going to have 2 activities per week and they are in charge of inviting people. It worked out pretty well. I think these activities will help the ward a lot.

OK, this is pretty cool. I think I told you guys that I taught myself how to whistle a while ago. I was pretty happy with that, but this week I tried something new. I have a theory that our abilities are all enhanced on the mission. A lot of it has to do with the spirit. But I sat down at a piano the other day and I figured out how to play most of the star wars theme song! That's pretty cool, right?! Piano isn't that hard. So after church yesterday Elder Rogers helped me, and now I can play the right hand on "Press Forward, Saints." I also figured out how to read the music. So I'm going to keep practicing and see what happens. I've never been good at that stuff. 

Unfortunately we had a small setback on Thursday. Well, not super small. As we were pulling out of the church parking lot Elder Rogers hit a post. I'll upload some pictures. We were fine, but it did some decent damage. The wheel was bent, tire popped, door dented, and chasis dented/bent. So tonight we are going to find out how much it will cost. The church has insurance so it's all covered, but that scared me. Sadly we lost all of our citas that day and we will probably not have the car for a while. Hopefully it isn't in the shop too long. Good news is I figured out how to change a tire. That's the first time I've ever done that.

Yesterday was actually mother's day here in Spain. So.... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Here is a little quote from an Elder Holland talk, "To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.” “Thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity.” To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle—and all will—I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth.’ ” I can pay no higher tribute to anyone. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Love you, 

Elder Johnson







Zone Conference 














No comments:

Post a Comment