Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Museums

Hey guys,

I'm writing emails in a pretty cool location today. I'll upload a picture later. We are visiting all of the museums since today is probably Elder Jordan's last week here. So far we have been to the dinosaur one, the hanging houses, the art museum, and the science museum. I will have to do a lot more with my next companion next transfer.



Yesterday the hermanas from the 8th ward came to Cuenca with a senior couple. We weren't expecting them so we didn't make any plans, but we were still able to meet up last second and eat lunch by the hanging houses. The Candlands (the couple) were super nice and paid for our lunch. I had Gaspacho Andaluz. I'm sure dad will know what it is. I've been living on that stuff this summer. It's nice when it's hot outside. 



Happy anniversary! I hope it was a good one. Sounds like it was a nice, chill day. I'd kill for one of those. It's been a while. Tuesday/Wednesday was my year mark. We didn't really do much. The rest of the district went out to eat together on Wednesday after district meeting, but since we Skype in we couldn't go. Instead we ordered kebab and watched Meet the Mormons. Other than that it was a normal day of work. 

I spoke again on Sunday. (Tell Erin I loved her talk.) This time they gave me a little heads up. They told me Saturday night at 10:00. I found a few scriptures and a quote to share so it at least seemed prepared. It was good though. Probably my longest one. I think it ended up about 20 minutes. They didn't know about the new Ministering program until last week, so that's what I spoke about. Here is the quote I shared. "My dear brothers and sisters, are we active in the gospel, or are we merely busy in the Church? The key is to follow the example of the Savior in all things. If we do that, we will naturally focus on saving individuals rather than performing tasks and implementing programs." I think that is the key to Ministering, and really to anything. We shouldn't do things just to do things. Everything has a purpose, and should be centered in christ. I can't really send you the talk like you did with Erin's because I didn't write it out, (and if I did it would be in spanish) but it's something. 

Love you guys, check out the pictures, and have a good week. 

Elder Johnson














No comments:

Post a Comment