Monday, October 29, 2018

Finding Forgiveness

Hey,

This week was good, but looking back on it, it was pretty boring. We worked hard and we stayed busy, but there is nothing that really stands out. We changed to winter schedule yesterday. That means that we will wake up 30 minutes earlier and end the day 30 minutes earlier. It also means pday ends at 6:30 (my time) from now on. 

I spoke in sacrament meeting again yesterday. They gave me 25 minutes this week and my topic was repentance. It went really well. It was probably my favorite talk I have given in the mission. As I prepared my talk, I mainly studied a talk by Richard G. Scott. It's called "Finding Forgiveness." It's a really good talk, and it's cool because one of our teaching pamphlets has a section based on this talk because it explains repentance so well. Here is one of my favorite parts of the talk,

"Only the life, teachings, and particularly the atonement of Jesus Christ can release us from this otherwise impossible predicament. Each of us has made mistakes, large or small, which if unresolved will keep us from the presence of God. For this reason, the atonement of Jesus Christ is the single most significant event that ever has or ever will occur. This selfless act of infinite consequence, performed by a single glorified personage, has eternal impact in the life of every son and daughter of our Father in Heaven—without exception. It shatters the bonds of death. It justifies our finally being judged by the Master. It can prevent an eternity under the control of the devil. It opens the gates to exaltation and eternal life for all who qualify for forgiveness through repentance and obedience."

A few things to tell you about...

First, I uploaded 3 pictures to the drive. One is a selfie of me and Elder Zúñiga in piso that we had to send to the APs confirming that I read a document they sent us for a meeting on friday. The other 2 are from utrera. It is a pueblo/town outside of Dos Hermanas. We work there a lot. It is about 20 minutes in train from here. We were standing on a corner looking at a map trying to figure out how to get to our cita, and I realized Spain is beautiful. So I took a picture. After living here for this long I kind of forget sometimes to enjoy seeing the country. 




Second, Halloween is Wednesday. We never did anything fun to celebrate, so I'm moving on to Christmas. I found a tree in piso that I'm going to set up. That should be fun. We also got the info for LightTheWorld today. It's gonna be big this year. This initiative is getting cooler every year. I'll write more about that as we plan it. 

Third, Today we are doing nothing. We had leadership meetings all day on Friday and I forgot to get permission for the district to leave our areas. I blew that one. So we are in piso today. We watched the testaments, talked about how cool the book of mormon movie will be, and we went grocery shopping.

Talk to you next week...
 
Love you,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment