Monday, October 22, 2018

Transfers...

Hey,

This week I'm gonna start with the update on our investigators. So I mentioned José Antonio a few weeks ago, we still haven't met with him since. I still have high hopes for him but we works a ton so it's been difficult. Adilia is our friend that I talked about last week. She is doing well. We set a baptismal date with her this week, so we're working towards the 24 of November. Hopefully she can find work before then. We found another friend this week and have already made some good progress with her. We set a baptismal date for December 1. Her name is Maria.

Yesterday was super crazy. We left the piso at 9:30 am to go to church, but there was a big parade thing on our street that went all the way to the chapel. It was nuts. It woke us up at 4 am with fireworks, cannons, horses, drunk people, and Spanish folk music. It was insane. Then after church we had 4 citas. We had to sprint in between citas to get them all in. We ran 4.7 kilometers in 23 minutes. Miracles are real. We left one cita and realized we had no other option but to run, so I tucked my bag under my arm like a football and we went for it. That was the most miserable half an hour of my life and we were both at the point of throwing up afterwards, but we made it. 

(The Parade/Fiesta on the way to church)

The transfer is already over and we start a new one today. The last transfer went by fast.. Really fast. It was a good one though. I learned a lot and it was definitely the transfer where I have worked the hardest, at least so far. We made some good changes in the area and we will keep changing this transfer. Elder Birnbaumer is leaving today. He's going to salamanca/Zamora......... Crazy right?! I freaked out when I got the email with transfers. I'm so jealous. He's not so sure about it, but that'll change. My new companion is Elder Zuñiga. He's from Perú, but lived in Argentina for like 17 years. He started the mission the same time as elder Rogers. He seems super cool. Idk a ton about him though. Maybe I'll write more about him next week. But yeah, talk to you later. 

Elder Johnson

Elder Birnbaumer's Birthday (Sunday)


No comments:

Post a Comment