Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Jaén - Week 1

Hey, 

     This week has been super interesting. Jaén is a pretty city and I love being in the mountains again. It only took me about 10 minutes to get my bearings in the city because we actually have mountains to look at. It's been 2 years since I knew which way was North. We live on the eighth floor and we have a big balcony with a great view of a big castle. I'm loving that. 

     We travel a lot in between Jaén and Granada. There are 4 missionaries in each city and we are one big district so we rotate which city we do district council in. This week we had a meeting for all the district leaders in the mission and I had to do a 15 minute "workshop", but since I'm in the middle of nowhere I had to do it over Skype. That sucked. This week we have another meeting like that but I'm going to travel to Malaga for it. I'm pretty excited to get to know Málaga. I just need to go to Cadiz now and I'll have conquered the mission. I've served in 5 of the 7 zones now. 

     The work is interesting here.. Actually we don't have a lot right now. When I got here on Tuesday we sat down to talk about the area and my companion told me that we don't have any investigators and we don't meet with the members, so we average 1 or 2 appointments per week. We've got some work to do. I haven't spent so much time in the street talking to people since Zamora.. I haven't had an appointment yet, but I called a bunch of members last night so we should at least visit them this week. We'll see if we can make some progress soon. 

     My comp is a good kid. He is new in the mission and hasn't had the best examples around him so we are learning as we go. I've never had a comp that I have so little in common with. I can generally talk to anybody about anything but this has been hard to figure out. We have a lot of awkward silence in piso. He's a super good kid though with good intentions and I'm sure we'll figure it out. 

     I got the package this morning! Thank you so much for sending that! I actually do appreciate the treats a lot. I have had a pretty bad sweet tooth lately and nothing to satisfy it. Unfortunately I am in a branch now that doesn't have a TV so the cord doesn't help much, I'll bring it home with me though.. I got rid of my old debit card and I signed the new one so that should be ready to go. Thanks for sending that. 

Love you, 

Elder Johnson








No comments:

Post a Comment